How It Works
A matchmaking event is a quick and easy way to meet potential cooperation partners. People meet and greet at high speed. 20 minutes are usually enough to build connections, then the bell rings and the next talk starts.
1. Online registration
The registration for the Face2Face Meetings is only possible via the ICT 2018 website.
Why? Because in the past a lot of participants have registered only on the Face2Face meetings page and not through the ICT Event's main registration facility. As the Face2Face meetings are a part of the ICT 2018 event, please accept this procedure.
How to do that:
- First register on the ICT 2018 website. When you have finished your registrion for the conference, you can register for the Face2Face meetings.
- Log in on the conference page and click on "My Event". Here you have access to the registration form of the Face2Face Meetings as well
Register online for the Face2Face Meetings and submit your own cooperation profile(s).
In your profile you can state what kind of project ideas/expertise/innovations you are offering or what kind of innovations you are looking for.
All cooperation profiles will be published online and will be open for everyone to see. You can change your profile any time.
2. Promotion of published profiles
All published profiles will be extensively promoted by the organisers of this event. Furthermore, all participants of the event will view your cooperation profile.
The following cooperation profile types are available:
- H2020 ICT Project Idea: You have a project idea and you would like to search for at least one further partner for your consortium.
- H2020 ICT Expertise: You have specific expertise and are willing to participate in a H2020 project.
- Innovation Offer: You have developed something and you are looking for partners to bring it to the market or simply a first customer.
- Innovation Request: You have a specific problem/project idea and are looking for a necessary expertise/solution (No H2020 profile).
A statistical analysis of 40 matchmaking events showed that high quality profiles are visited about 50 to 150 times BEFORE the event and will still be viewed AFTER the event.
3. Selection of bilateral meetings
You will be informed by email when you can start booking bilateral meetings. Check which cooperation profiles are most promising. Intelligent search options allow a quick identification of the most suitable participants/cooperation profiles. Within a few minutes you should be able to identify future potential business partners.
Booking of bilateral meetings
Once you have found the most promising business partners you can select them for bilateral meetings. You can add further meetings any time but please be aware that the bookings are managed on the principle of "first come - first served". You can book meetings BUT you can also be booked for bilateral talks by other participants!
Your personal meeting schedule
A few days before the event you will receive your personal meeting schedule (furthermore, you can constantly check your meeting schedule online). This meeting schedule gives information about the time, the number of the table, and who you are going to meet.
4. At the event
At the registration desk, you will receive an updated version of your meeting schedule including last minute bookings. Your personal meeting schedule lists all your meetings in chronological order, including the
- names of your meeting partners
- number of the table for each meeting
Our staff will be at your disposal during the whole matchmaking event.